Climate Action: Enhancing Adaptation Capacities from Planning to Finance
Date: Oct 25, 2022
Time: 20:00 to 21:30 (KST/GMT+9)
GGGI, its members and other development partners are heavily involved in the development of planning activities to prepare for the impacts of the climate emergency, through NAPs, NDCs and LT-LEDS. The NAP and the NAPA process have been formally in existence since 2010, with NDCs more recently in operation under the Paris agreement.
Given that 2022 is the year of the informally designated “adaptation CoP” that will take place in Egypt in November this year, this session hopes to look at what the gaps are between adaptation planning processes and action, and what lessons can be learned from current practice in order to accelerate implementation of plans and the planning process.
|Welcome and Introductions|
– H.E. Ban Ki-moon, President of the Assembly and Chair of the Council, Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) (video message)
– Mr. Nicholas Taylor, Senior Officer, Adaptation and Resilience, GGGI
|Assessing – Planning – Financing- Evaluating Adaptation Projects|
1. National Adaptation Planning: What should we be looking at to accelerate action?
Speaker: Dr. Sonali Senaratna Sellamuttu, GGGI Country Representative Sri Lanka and
Team Lead GCF National Adaptation Plan (NAP) Readiness Support Project
2. Integrating Adaptation into LT-LEDS: Macro-economic modelling to inform adaptation investment decisions
Speaker: Mr. Shivenes Shammugam, Senior Economic officer, GGGI
3. Indexing, Creating Standards: Sustainable Rice Platform Standard, Learning from Myanmar
Speaker: Mr. Rakesh Munankami, Mr. Ye Win Paing, Helvetas Swiss Intercooperation.
4. Financing of Adaptation: Nature Based Solutions and Market Developments
Speakers: Mr. Steven Gray, DLA Piper UK LLP
5. Assessment and Analysis Tools: The example of Uzbekistan’s Aral Sea Rehabilitation
Speakers: Ms. Jinha Kim, Senior Officer Climate Smart Agriculture, Rural Development; Jooyoung Yoo, Human Asia/GGGI Secondee; Juan Jose Robalino, Officer Bio-economy value chains, GGGI; Jack Bathe, Editor, GGGI (consultant)
6. Evaluating Climate Change Adaptation and climate Action: what have we learned? A dialogue with evaluators
Speakers: Mr. Andreas Reumann, Head of the IEU a.i. Green Climate Fund
– Facilitator: Mr. Nicholas Taylor