Green Buildings: Built Environment in Asia and the Pacific
Date: Oct 26, 2022
Time: 10:00 to 11:30 (KST/GMT+9)
The 10 years leading up to 2030 make up the critical period where the race for climate stabilization is determined. With unabated urbanization and increasing demand for buildings and infrastructure, the built environment is a key arena where the agenda for sustainable development plays out.
Globally, there is increased momentum and commitment from governments, industry and research institutions to adopt technologies and practices to reduce the environmental impact from buildings and urbanization. This session discusses initiatives from public and private sectors, highlighting the importance of data and technology transfer, sound policies and regulations as well as an active and engaged professional industry.
Outline the challenge, the context, the objectives of the session and what the different initiatives being discussed by panelists are doing to address the challenge.
|Welcome Remarks |
– H.E. Ban Ki-moon, President of the Assembly and Chair of the Council, Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) (video message)
|Welcome Remarks |
– Ms. Rowena C. Ramos, Vice Chair of the Philippine Green Building Council – Board of Trustees and Principal for Sustainability Practice of Ecotektonika, Inc.
1. GGGI/GIZ Mongolia – Tackling building energy efficiency
– Speaker: Mr. Tserendash Sugarragchaa, GIZ Mongolia
2. GGGI Green Buildings & Industry CoP – Leveraging data and technology to achieve net zero buildings
– Speaker: Mr. Pablo Sassoon, Intern
3. Adam Smith International – Green Infrastructure: from compliance to transformative outcomes
– Speaker: Ms. Liesl Keam, Principal Consultant – Climate Resilience, Mott MacDonald
|Q&A for presenters|
– Facilitator: Ms. Annaka Peterson
|Panel discussion – Climate change and the built environment in the Pacific|
– Facilitator: Mr. Miguel Londono, Snr Low Emissions Climate Resilient Development (LECRD) Program Management Officer, GGGI
– Mr. Timothy Stats, Technical Assistance Officer, PRIF
– Ms. Flori Gatu, Local Construction Industry Consultants, Solomon Islands
– Mr. Andrew Pene, Director for Department of Building and Government Architect, Republic of Fiji
|Q&A for discussants|
– Facilitator: Mr. Miguel Londono, GGGI