Blue Economy & Coastal Resilience Building: Climate Smart Solutions for Sustainable Livelihood in Asia/Pacific
– Date/Time: October 27, 2021, 14:00 – 16:00 KST (GMT+9)
– Session lead:
- Mr. Marcel Silvius, Country Representative – Indonesia, GGGI
* The PPTs were available until 8th January 2022. If you wish to access the PPTs after the date, please contact us at GGGWeek2021@gggi.org.
- The National Medium-Term Development Planning (RPJMN) 2020 – 2024 Background Study for the Forestry Sector (link)
- The 3Returns Framework: A method for decision-making towards sustainable landscapes (link)
- Economic Appraisal of Ayeyarwady Delta Mangrove Forests (link)
- Bio-based Value Chain Analysis for Sustainable Mangrove Restoration, Ayeyarwady Delta, Myanmar (link)
- PRE-FEASIBILITY STUDY: Developing a net-zero carbon emissions nipa palm sugar production and processing value chain in the Ayeyarwady Delta, Myanmar(link)
– World Bank Group:
- Managing Coasts with Natural Solutions : Guidelines for Measuring and Valuing the Coastal Protection Services of Mangroves and Coral Reefs (link)
This GGGWeek2021’s session enabled the sharing of some government plans and perspectives from Asian and Pacific countries on their blue economy ambitions, learning about the vulnerability of countries in the region to sea level rise, and sharing lessons about inclusive and nature-based solutions for enhancing coastal resilience. In the Post-COVID era, recovery packages need to be structured to promote livelihoods and jobs, while strengthening long-term coastal ecosystem resilience.
Share This Post