Enhancing Countries’ Direct Access to Climate Finance (Asia and the Pacific)
– Date/Time: October 26, 2021, 13:00 – 14:00 KST (GMT+9)
– Session leads:
- Ms. Julie Robles, Manager – Partnerships Program and GCF Portfolio, GGGI
Direct access to the Green Climate Fund (GCF) is a key modality through which developing countries can mobilize investment for their climate priorities. The partnership between the GCF and GGGI demonstrates how shared visions and goals between international organizations can enhance the capacity of developing countries to access climate finance resources and contribute to the achievement of the NDC and SDG targets. More recently, both organizations are taking adaptive measures to help developing countries carry out a climate-resilient recovery to the pandemic. Mobilizing climate investments that foster a paradigm shift towards low-emission, climate-resilient development with co-benefits which contribute to job creation and food security among other socio-economic benefits. GGGI and GCF have already established a strong track record of collaboration in using the GCF Readiness Programme.
* The PPTs were available until 8th January 2022. If you wish to access the PPTs after the date, please contact us at GGGWeek2021@gggi.org.
- ID06 Green Climate Fund (GCF) Readiness for Strategic Climate Finance in Indonesia (link)
- MN13 Mongolia Green Finance Corporation (link)
- Vanuatu Country Planning Framework: 2017-2021 (link)
– Green Climate Fund (GCF):
- NDA strengthening, country programming, strategic frameworks and entity support for Indonesia through GGGI (link)
- Strategic Frameworks support for Vanuatu through GGGI (link)
- Strategic Frameworks support for Mongolia through GGGI (link)
– Government of Vanuatu:
- Vanuatu Climate Change and Disaster Risk Reduction Policy 2016-2030 (link)