Green Growth Measurement and Innovative Tools to Assess Performance in Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
– Date/Time: October 25, 2021, 09:00-11:00 CLT (GMT-4)
– Session lead:
- Ms. Lilibeth Acosta-Michlik, Principal, Climate Action and Inclusive Development, GGGI
Co-organized by GGGI and the Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS) Commission, this session aimed to showcase innovative tools for assessing performance in green growth and SDGs, and discuss the significance of these tools for policy making and how to enhance their results in policy decisions.
Presenters with expertise on both green growth and the SDGs introduced and discussed various methods and approaches that they have developed to assess performance in transitioning to green growth and achieving SDG targets. The first round of presentations illustrated how frameworks for global green growth indices can be applied to develop scenarios for different sectors (Presentation I) and assess green economy performance at the subnational level (Presentation II) using innovative tools. The application of green growth frameworks in models and scenarios is often constrained by the availability of data. The second round of presentations illustrated approaches to improve environment databases, including those for the SDGs (Presentation III) and use other forms of databases (i.e., input-output) to support innovative models and scenario analysis.
* The PPTs were available until 8th January 2022. If you wish to access the PPTs after the date, please contact us at GGGWeek2021@gggi.org.
Click the URL link below for interpretations:
- Green Growth Index 2020 (link)
- Environment Statistics Self-Assessment Tool (ESSAT) (link)
– Other researches: