Implementing NDCs in the Pacific
– Date/Time: October 27, 2021, 12:00 – 13:00 KST (GMT+9)
– Session leads:
- Ms. Daniel Munoz-Smith, Country Representative, Fiji, Kiribati, Tonga and Vanuatu, GGGI
- Mr. Sk Noim Uddin, Senior Officer, MRV & NDC Enhancement, GGGI
- Ms. Shenila Saniyog, Communications Assistant, GGGI Pacific
The Regional Pacific NDC Hub (NDC Hub) supports 14 Pacific Islands Countries (PICs) to enhance and implement their Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) under the Paris Agreement. For more information on the NDC Hub, please visit: https:// pacificndc.org
At the GGGWeek2021, the NDC Hub presented a session on Implementing NDCs in the Pacific. The presentation discussed the Hub’s progress through the range of projects currently under implementation by the Hub’s partners, highlighting its key achievements and lessons learnt, and presented its Long-term Strategy 2030.
The NDC Hub is administered by GIZ, and implemented in partnership with the Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI), the Pacific Community – SPC, and the Secretariat of the Pacific Regional Environment Programme (SPREP), with financial support from German, Australian, and New Zealand governments.
* The PPTs were available until 8th January 2022. If you wish to access the PPTs after the date, please contact us at GGGWeek2021@gggi.org.
- Introduction of NDC Hub (link)
- Introduction of Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) (link)
- Introduction of Secretariat of Pacific Regional Environment Programme (link)
- Introduction of the Pacific Community (SPC)(link)
- Strategy 2030 – A Blueprint for NDC Implementation in Pacific Island Countries by NDC Hub (link)
– NDC to UNFCCC: